DENGUE Symptoms And its Treatment
Dengue is a viral disease caused by dengue virus transmitted by the bite of an Aedes (Dengue Mosquito). The mosquito gets infected when it bites a person with dengue virus in their blood but it cannot be spread directly from one person to another person. The cases of Dengue are more common in tropical areas. Dengue fever Symptoms, Prevention, Test and Treatments are discussed in this Article.
DENGUE FEVER SYMPTOMS:
- High fever
- Low platelets count
- Pain in eyes
- Joint and Muscle pain
- Skin Rashes
- Nose Bleeding
- Symptoms of Dehydration i.e. decreased urination, dry lips etc.
Symptoms of Dengue are similar to the symptoms of common flu. Serious problems can also be developed which may lead to shock and death which is known as Dengue Shock Syndrome (DSS).
Blood test should be done to check for the virus.
- Drink plenty of water
- Take medicine to reduce pain and fever but do not take medicines which increase bleeding complications.
If you have severe symptoms then one may need care in hospital, regular blood pressure Monitoring and transfusion to replace blood loss.
Home Remedies for Dengue Treatment:
- Take fresh papaya leaves, soak it in water and grind them. Drink two spoons of it four times a day.
- Eat Kiwi fruit.
- Eat pomegranate
- Drink coconut water
- Eat food rich in Vitamin-C.
Dengue Fever Prevention:
- Prevent mosquito breeding inside and outside your home.
- Prevent yourself against mosquito bites
- Apply mosquito repellent
- Use mosquito nets while sleeping
- Wear long sleeves and long pants
- Clean stagnant water
- Use insecticides sprays in dark corners.
If symptoms of dengue prevails then one should always consult a doctor at right time. Precaution is always better than cure, so one should always take care when symptoms persist and take first advice from Doctor before following home remedies.