Diabetes Treatment Guidelines
Diabetes Mellitus, known as diabetes in lay man language has become a lifestyle disease. It is basically caused due to bad metabolism of body which results in high blood sugar levels. Diabetes Treatment Guidelines are framed in this article.
This disorder is mainly classified into three types:
Type 1 Diabetes
It happens due to lack or improper insulin production by pancreas. Its cause is unknown.
Type 2 Diabetes
It happens when body do not respond to insulin properly. Its cause is obesity and lack of physical activity.
It happens in pregnant women when body develops high sugar levels.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent Urination
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Weight loss or gain
- Blurred vision
- Pain or numbness in the hands or feet
- Slow healing of wounds
- Skin infections
Lifestyle Changes to treat Diabetes :
- Increase your physical activity.
- Reduce sugary items in your diet.
- Count your carbohydrate content.
- Eat less and at regular intervals of 3 -4 hrs.
- Eat fresh and raw fruits and vegetables.
- Include fiber rich food in your diet.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Reduce stress
- Monitor blood sugar levels regularly
- Include Vitamin D in your schedule either by direct exposure to morning sunlight or through diet.
- Take proper sleep to improve metabolism.
- Eat food rich in Chromium and magnesium.
Home Remedies and diabetes treatment guidelines :
Boil raw cinnamon in glass of water, let it cool and consume it on daily basis.
Consume jamun every day to reduce blood sugar level.
- Bittergourd or Karela
Consume Karela as a sabji or as a juice to control sugar level.
- Fenugreek or methi seeds
Soak 2 tbsp of methi seeds in water overnight. Drink that water along with seeds in an empty stomach in morning.
- Mango Leaves
Boil some fresh mango leaves in a glass of water and let it cool overnight. Drink the water empty stomach in morning.
Consume amla juice daily to reduce blood sugar levels.
Always take your doctor’s advice and medicine if you are suffering from this lifestyle disease. All the aforementioned diabetes treatment guidelines
are very beneficial in treating diabetes. Your feedback is important after following these tips and stay in touch for further information.