Home Remedies for ACNE
Acne is a long-term skin condition which occurs mainly on the face, shoulders, back, neck, chest and upper arms. There are a lot of home remedies for Acne. But before discussing them, lets take a look what are its types
Types of acne:-
- Pimples : These are papules with pus at their tips
- Whiteheads: These are closed plugged pores
- Blackheads: These are open plugged pores
- Cysts: Painful, pus-filled lumps are cysts
- Nodules: Large, solid, painful lumps are nodules
This skin condition is not dangerous at all but leaves scars on your body parts which results in anxiety and reduced self-confidence.
Factors causing acne:
- Excess oil production
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Imbalance diet
- Hair follicles clogged by dead skin cells
Who are at greater risk of acne?
- People can suffer from acne at any age but it occurs most commonly in teenagers and women due to hormonal changes.
- Genetics also played role in development of acne. If your parents had this problem then you are also likely to develop it.
- Those who use oily creams or work in a greasy environment are at greater risk.
- Some medications also boosts acne condition.
- Stress can worsen this problem once we have developed it.
The correct time to treat acne is when it starts developing scars.
How to avoid it?
- Take proper sleep and diet.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Never squeeze pimples
- Clean and moisturize your skin properly
- Wipe off excess oil from your skin as soon as you feel it.
Treatment for Acne:
- Eat fresh and raw fruits especially juicy fruits like apple, grapes, pear, pineapple etc.
- Do not eat packed food items.
- Eat less sugary and starchy food.
- Avoid spicy food.
- Eat food rich in Vitamin A & E.
Home Remedies for Acne:
- Use lemon juice to clean the acne-prone areas.
- Apply cucumber slice to the affected areas.
- Applying toothpaste to acne also helps in drying up off acne.
- Dip a cotton ball in honey and apply it to affected area.
- Diluted apple cider vinegar can be applied to acne-prone area.
Homemade Facial pack to reduce acne and its scars:
If you have a sensitive skin then always do a patch test before applying anything to your face.
Besan and Curd face pack:
Besan absorbs excess oil, clears the dirt, toxins and maintains pH level of skin while curd cleanses and moisturizes the skin.
Apply the following face pack two times in a week:
- Mix well 1 tablespoon of curd with 1.5 tablespoon of besan in a bowl.
- Apply the pack to affected areas including face and neck and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse well and pat dry with a clean towel.
Sharing is Caring