Hypertension Treatment is also called as high blood pressure and also known as silent killer, is a common and harmful medical condition. It occurs when the blood pressure in the arteries persistently increased. High blood pressure do not show any noticeable symptoms initially but is actually an indicator for underlying health problems.
Normal blood pressure is 120/80 mmHg, but hypertension is more than 130/80 mmHg. This medical condition can lasts for years or can be lifelong too.
Causes of Hypertension:
For most of the adults, there is no identifiable reason of high blood pressure. But some primary reasons includes:
- Lack of physical activity
- Intake of excess salt
- Alcohol Consumption
- Family History
These reasons causes high blood pressure over the period of time. But some underlying medical condition can suddenly cause increase in blood pressure which could be:
- Kidney Problem
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Certain medications and drugs also increases blood pressure
Who are at greater risk of Hypertension?
- Old-aged persons
- Family history (Genetics)
- Being overweight
- Physically inactive
- Smoking or using tobacco
- Excess sodium in diet
- Little potassium in diet
- Alcohol consumption
Nowadays, children are also at risk due to poor lifestyle habits.
Basically Hypertension is a symptom less medical condition but if left untreated for a long time can cause serious health issues and results in damage of your body parts.
Some of the symptoms are listed below:
- Chest Pain
- Visual Changes
- Nose bleeding
- Blood in urine
All of the above symptoms need immediate attention. One should always consult a doctor if high blood pressure prevails and should have a regular measurement of it.
Along with the medical treatment one can opt for lifestyle changes and home remedies to treat high blood pressure:
- Reduce weight
- Quit smoking
- Do yoga and reduce stress
- Eat healthy diet which includes fresh fruits, raw vegetables, low dairy products and low saturated fats.
- Regular exercise (Aerobics or brisk walking) for at least 30minutes a day.
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Avoid packaged food and reduced sodium content or increase potassium content in food.
- Cut back on caffeine.
- Garlic: Helps in reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Take one or two garlic clove in the morning with water.
- Onion: Consuming onion on daily basis prevents the blood from thickening that helps in lowering the blood pressure.
- Amla: It is a good source of Vitamin-C. Amla juice can be taken on an empty stomach with water which helps in preventing various medical conditions in long-run.
- Green Tea: It is an anti-oxidant whose regular consumption results in reduction of stress levels.
- Lemon: Rich in Vitamin-C and helps in lowering the risk of heart disease. It is the best source for hypertension treatment.
Sharing is Caring